Academic Success Coach
- - Tupperware Brands Branch
- 34711, FL, USA
- $30- $35
- Part Time
Grant-funded position through August 31, 2022
The Academic Success Coach is responsible for providing intensive literacy, STEM, and other academic support for Club members ranging in age from 6 through 18 years old. Monitor academic performance, develop high-yield and project-based educational initiatives, and may provide small group, intensive tutoring as needed.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Lead educational programs and activities with a primary focus on improving the literacy skills of Club members in a creative way and small group tutoring as needed.
- Develop project-based learning and high-yield learning activities to support academic success of Club members.
- Monitor academic performance.
- Report progress to Service Director.
- Develop individual learning plans and maintain individual participant case files as needed.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Service Director to interpret and explain program objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information. Maintains close contact daily with participating club members.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of two years' experience working in a structured educational or youth development program.
- Knowledge of software applications.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and policy manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. The ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Work environment: Normal club environment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.