- - Bradley Otis
- Orlando, FL, USA
- Part Time
*This role is a temporary part-time position during the school year 3xs a week 3:30 – 6:30pm.
The tutor is responsible for providing intensive tutoring for club members ages 6-18 and monitoring academic performance in school. Provides passionate, motivational and lead support to members in reading, comprehension, math, science, language arts, and social studies. Supports a positive and creative learning environment where reading enhancement skills can occur in which the students can comprehend various subjects. Strong coaching, mentoring and teaching skills are sought after in the areas of reading, comprehension, math, science, language arts, and social studies
KEY ROLES (ESSTENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Provide tutoring to club members in need 3xs a week.
- Monitor academic performance
- Counsel Club Members to help them discover their strengths and to set goals
- Assisting students with homework, projects, test preparation, papers, research, and other academic tasks.
- Teaching skills to improve academic performance, including study strategies, note-taking skills and approaches to answering test questions.
- Offering feedback on progress to students' parents and staff where appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience (one-year experience in a structured youth development or education program for each year of college – 4 years).
- A minimum of one-year experience working in a structured educational or youth development program.
- Knowledge of software applications.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Teaching certificate preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and policy manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. The ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Work environment: Normal club environment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.