Thrift Store - Senior Retail Sales Associate
- - Thrift Store
- FL, USA
THRIFT STORE LOCATION:
2054 State Road 436, Winter Park, FL 32792
Store Hours: Monday – Saturday 9:30 – 7:30 Sunday 10:30 – 5:30
29 hours week: Flexible Schedule
Job Summary: Provide support to thrift store manager while demonstrating professional and amicable customer service to all store customers, vendors and internal staff. Helps to ensure inventory is properly sorted/priced and displayed. Assist with staff/volunteer management and training, sales, customer service, and daily financial management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring the cash drawer is accurate and all transactions are accounted prior to beginning and end of shift.
- Provides assistance to customers in locating specific items.
- Oversee register area is kept neat and stocked with necessary supplies.
- Responsible for maintaining areas of store, such as clean-up, shelf-stocking, and keeping merchandise displayed in an orderly manner.
- Price merchandise throughout retail store, to include display cases and sale items.
- Provide BGCCF part-time and volunteer staff with guidance and daily tasks, as needed.
- Process and provide donation receipt to donors accurately as needed.
- Inspect incoming donations as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining retail area to ensure safety in the workplace at all times.
- Abide by all company safety and hygiene regulations;
- Ensure restrooms and retail floors are cleaned at all times;
- Check and maintain all dressing rooms clear of merchandise and return merchandise to appropriate area.
- Contribute ideas on ways to improve or optimize retail store procedures.
- Greet customers entering establishments.
- Provide support and act as back up cashier as needed, which include, but not limited to:
- Enters purchases into cash register to calculate total purchase price.
- Counts and issues change; issues receipt for purchased merchandise to the customer.
- Accepts cash or bankcards for payment; completes bankcard transactions according to established procedure.
- Maintains sufficient amounts of change in cash drawer.
- Balances cash drawer and receipts; documents discrepancies.
- Calculates discounts or references; requests customer identification for certain discounts and receipts as required.
Maintain keys/alarm codes for store following all the security protocols for the building.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education: Minimum of a high school diploma or GED, preferred.
Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in a cashier or retail store function.
- Must have knowledge of basic arithmetic.
- Must be skilled in handling and counting cash.
- Demonstrated ability to work effortlessly and professionally in a demanding customer service role.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve and address customer service issues in an expedient and efficient manner.
- Excellent oral communication skills, interpersonal and social skills and the ability to work and collaborate with internal staff and external parties.
- Ensures community awareness of the store and is an ambassador for the brand
- Ensures the constantly changing merchandise is displayed in an appealing manner
- Create and maintain partnerships with inventory sources, such as individual donors, corporate donors, convention center and other retail partners.
- Must demonstrate the following skills:
- Time management;
- Conflict and problem solving skills;
- Detail oriented;
- Ability to provide guidance and training to employees and volunteers.
Computer Literacy: Basic computer knowledge.
Financial Responsibility: Responsible for daily cash drawer before and after shift, this requires for all transactions are reported and accounted for per store procedures. All merchandise is correctly priced throughout retail store.
Contacts: Ability to get along with diverse persons and personalities; strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively under demanding circumstances; high level of professionalism.
Internal: Maintains close contact with thrift store personnel and is required to project professional behavior at all times.
External: Provides professional and amicable customer service to individual donors, prospective customers and vendors providing third party services for the store.
Judgment and Decision Making: Strong organizational and problem-solving skills including the ability to maintain working area clear and clean of clutter. Organize multiple priorities and a high volume of work. Attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Physical Requirements: Ability to maneuver furniture, and/or any other items in store of less than 25 lbs. with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person. Position can be physically demanding, requiring long hours, standing, walking, stooping and physical agility and dexterity. Working environment: Retail store environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts