- - Temple Terrace Branch
- Melbourne, FL, USA
- Part Time
Plans, implements, supervises and evaluates activities provided in within a specific program area, such as Education, Special Education, Social Recreation, Arts & Crafts, and Physical Education.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
1. Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes:
- promote and stimulate program participation;
- register new members and participate in their club orientation process;
- provide guidance and role modeling to members.
Program Development and Implementation
2. Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities for drop-in members and visitors.
3. Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the branch at all times. Prepare periodic activity reports.
4. Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly branch staff meetings.
1. May participate in special programs and/or events.
2. May be required to drive Club van.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
• High School diploma or GED.
• One-year minimum experience volunteering or working with children.
• Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
• Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
• Recommended CPR and First Aid Certifications.
• Valid driver license and good driving record.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and policy manuals. The ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. Ability to visually monitor activities of club members. The employee is required to be able to perform CPR or first aid. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, jump, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is required to operate a motor vehicle. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds. Working environment: Normal club environment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.