Part-time Processor / Janitor
- - Thrift Store
- Winter Park, FL, USA
- Part Time
Job Summary: Responsible for maintaining thrift store appearance at all times particularly the physical condition, safety, and cleanliness; to include daily custodial and light furniture loading/moving. Must organize and prioritize workload to ensure all projects are completed.
Schedule: Tuesdays, 3:30pm to 7:30pm & Sundays, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm,
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Performs custodial tasks, such as, cleaning and emptying waste receptacles in large dumpster in back of store.
- Follow regular maintenance schedule to ensure proactive maintenance, replacement, and repair.
- Clean, sanitize and restock bathrooms daily (possibly more than once per day depending on activities). Clean countertops, floor and stock paper items.
- Sweep and mop floors each evening.
- Keep small open kitchen area clean and sanitized.
- Assist with intake of customer donations at back door.
- Clean donated housewares to prepare for pricing by staff.
- Place donated clothing in designated area for sorting.
- Assist customers with loading purchased furniture into their vehicle.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with thrift store staff and supervisor to receive/provide information.
External: Maintain good contact with the general public as necessary.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Basic knowledge of basic maintenance, plumbing and minor repairs.
- Knowledge of electronics is a plus.
- Ability to assess and prioritize maintenance needs.
- Ability to independently carry out assignments to completion.
- Knowledge of and ability to use materials, methods and equipment used in general maintenance work.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Professional work ethic and the ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
Physical requirements: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written, diagram or schedule form. While performing duties of this job, it is required to use hands to handle and feel and to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds, frequently list and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.