Thrift Store - Senior Retail Associate/Key Holder
- - Thrift Store
- Winter Park, FL, USA
- Part Time
THRIFT STORE LOCATION:
2054 State Road 436, Winter Park, FL 32792
Hours: PT- 29 hrs/week including weekends
Monday - 1:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Tuesday - 1:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Wednesday - 1:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Friday - 1:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Saturday - 2:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Thursday and Sunday off!
This is a great opportunity to be part of the first Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida thrift store! We need the right creative, energetic individual with excellence in customer service and daily management to fill this position.
Work closely with Store Manager to ensure inventory is properly sorted/priced and displayed. Assist with staff/volunteer management and training, sales, customer service, and daily financial management. Experience in electronics is a plus!
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Ensures policies, procedures and protocols for the store are enforced to ensure an exceptional customer service experience and a safe and pleasant environment.
- Responsible for the supervision of thrift store staff and volunteers during shifts
- Responsible for daily cash handling procedures.
- Responsible for inventory control and elimination of unsold merchandise when appropriate.
- Assists with aspects of the store to maximize profitability including merchandise pricing and turn-over.
- Performs regular inspections of store assessing deficiencies in safety, maintenance and cleanliness.
- Recommends needed repairs and preparation of recommendations for expert assistance. Proactive recommendation of necessary updates and repairs.
- Maintain keys/alarm codes for store following all the security protocols for the building.
- Create and maintain partnerships with inventory sources, such as individual donors, corporate donors, convention center and other retail partners.
- Ensures community awareness of the store and is an ambassador for the brand.
- Ensures the constantly changing merchandise is displayed in an appealing manner.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Thrift Store staff and volunteers. Maintains contact with supervisor and others to receive/provide information.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Two years of related experience within a retail establishment such as a thrift store or for-profit retail store and at least two years of management experience.
- Demonstrated merchandizing and marketing experience.
- Demonstrated experience with cash handling procedures.
- Excellent verbal skills.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written, diagram or schedule form. While performing duties of this job, it is required to use hands to handle and feel and to talk or hear and may be exposed to repetitive motion tasks. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, pull, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work environment: Retail store physically active environment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.