Program Assistant - Art
- - Roberts Club
- Fernandina Beach, FL, USA
- Part Time
- Hours - School Year - 20 hours/week during the school year between 2pm and 9pm
- Hours - Summer and School Breaks -30 hours/week between 7am and 6pm
Engage and inspire young people aged 6-18 to learn and grow to be responsible adults.
Engage children in a fun learning environment within the Art program area. Create activities utilizing various art resources and techniques (oil paints, multi-coloring, crayons, color pencils, mix media, acrylics, pastels, etc). Ensure that Club members create projects for the Annual Fine Arts Exhibit.
Must monitor and evaluate situations quickly using good judgment to assess situations and make decisions. Create and maintain a clean, safe environment for children and adults within the program space.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
1. Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes:
§ Promote and stimulate program participation;
§ Register new members and participate in their club orientation process;
§ Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
Program Development and Implementation
2. Develop, implement and administer lesson plans for various ages 6-18, adapting to various learning styles.
3. Educate members on proper execution of art techniques.
4. Must be able to motivate children to channel self-expression into art.
5. Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the branch at all times. Prepare periodic activity reports.
6. Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly branch staff meetings.
1. May be required to participate in off-site special programs and/or events.
2. May be cross-trained in Game Room, Technology, Music, Physical Education, Character and Leadership Development, and Education.
3. May be asked to facilitate BGCA National programs, such as SMART curriculum and other curriculums.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
• High School Diploma or GED. Associate's or advanced degree preferred.
• Two years hands-on experience in various art techniques.
• One year minimum experience volunteering or working with children required.
• Recommended CPR and First Aid Certifications.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and policy manuals. The ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. Ability to visually monitor activities of club members. The employee is required to be able to perform CPR or first aid. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, jump, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is required to operate a motor vehicle. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds. Working environment: Normal club environment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.