Volunteer Engagement Coordinator
- - Volunteer Resources
- Orlando, FL, USA
- Part Time
The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator will assist the Associate Director of Volunteer Engagement & Corporate Citizenship to develop and manage the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida's individual volunteers and community engagement. Additionally, the Coordinator will collaborate with the Associate Director to improve the organization's ability to attract and retain volunteers who further the organization's mission.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Individual Volunteering Program Development & Management
1. Organize and implement a volunteer service program, starting with existing Individual volunteers and corporate partners, including planning, training and coordination to impact the core strategic functions in accomplishing BGCCF's mission
2. Establish and implement policies and procedures for volunteer recruitment, selection, training and participation in organizational events and activities.
3. Identify opportunities for volunteer participation, recruit, select and train volunteers to assist in implementing program activities.
4. Identify potential sources of volunteers and develop proactive strategies to recruit volunteers with needed skills.
5. Conduct evaluation of volunteer activities and participation, refining selection and training activities to ensure a high level of satisfaction by volunteers and Staff.
6. Assist in managing administrative and operational systems to support volunteer programs.
7. Help maintain volunteer website and HS tracking software. Create and prepare statistical reports as necessary.
8. Assist in developing and implementing regular orientation of volunteers. Assist in providing training to BGCCF staff on effective volunteer management.
9. Help Maintain volunteer files and background checks. Coordinate with the HR Department, when necessary, to ensure background checks are completed by conducting fingerprint sessions on prospective volunteers
10. Assist in creating and overseeing a reward and recognition program for Individual and Corporate volunteers.
11. Act as liaison with neighborhood and community groups to enhance community relations as needed.
12. Create and coordinate projects with groups and corporate volunteers
13. Maintain ongoing relationships with individual volunteers and corporate volunteers to ensure positive experiences and opportunities for feedback.
14. Help coordinate special events (such as Reality Check Event, Faces of the Future Breakfast, Celebrate the Children, etc.) and organization-wide activities/projects
15. Increase awareness of existing and new volunteer programs and to recognize volunteers.
Internal & External Communication
1. Work closely with the Marketing & Communications staff to publicize positive volunteer opportunities and projects.
2. Help coordinate media coverage of volunteer events as needed
3. Support Associate Director in working in partnership with the VP of Development, Director of Major & Capital Gifts, and Development Officers as needed on the development team to ensure a seamless transition of any potential corporate partners to donors, and vice-versa.
4. Collect and analyze data to evaluate the impact of corporate partnerships and volunteerism and share regularly with the team
5. Support Associate Director in communicating with partners organizations and individual partners to share organizational updates, impact and opportunities for engagement (passively and actively)
6. Maintain a high-level of customer service with all stakeholders ensuring strong follow-up, follow-through and connection to engage stakeholders and create value for partners
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida employees and supervisors to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with general public to give and obtain information, either in response to inquiries or as instructed by supervisor.
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Six months of experience working in a service organization, with emphasis on volunteer programs and activities.
- Proficiency/comfort using technology and data, including Google Suite
- Principled with high ethical standards, professionalism and integrity
- Ability to work in constantly evolving environment (range of tasks, ambiguity, flexibility) while still exercising and implementing standard professional processes and systems
- Must be able to work autonomously, set direction, seek out answers, and produce results with minimal guidance
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with various people
- Sensitivity to confidentiality requirements
- Valid driver's license with good driving record, and consistent access to a vehicle with appropriate insurance required.
- Good written/oral communication skills, ability to speak to various audiences about BGCCF volunteer opportunities
- Good presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all types of people
- Outstanding organization and project management skills with the ability to see the big picture while managing small details
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements: Ability to read and interpret documents such as financial reports, safety rules, operating instructions, and policy manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. The ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and formulas. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Work environment: Normal office environment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts