Grant Accounting Specialist
- - Middle School Programs
- 32801, FL, USA
- Part Time
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for supporting fiscal management of all After School Zone Club Sites to maintain efficient, high quality financial administration through Accounts Payable Transactions, Financial Reporting & Compliance, and Finance Liaison Facilitation.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Process and record all After School Zone accounts payable transactions (purchase orders, expense reports and check requests) according to established procedures.
- Ensure accurate processing and recording of all transactions to appropriate cost centers.
- Work with Club and Administrative staff to obtain documentation to support transactions and file receipts.
- Process reports for reconciliation of transactions and follow-up on missing documentation.
- Maintain asset reports and other documentation as is necessary in accordance with accounting policies and procedures.
Financial Reporting & Compliance
- Review Orange County Government After School Zone grant to ensure that BGCCF has clear understanding of required financial data tracking expectations and maintain fiscal compliance.
- Develop and maintain systems that support the financial reporting requirement of the grant.
- Work with operations staff to prepare the annual After School Zone grant year budget, adhere to budget submission deadlines set by grant funder, and assist in updating annual budget narrative.
- Develop and maintain grant financial reports that are relevant and timely to help support management in decision making.
- Perform various grant administrative functions such as billing, budget amendments, and etc.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of grant billing and reports.
- Create and maintain appropriate spreadsheets and documentation to support grant expenses.
- Consistently monitor After School Zone grant budget and expenditures to ensure targets are met.
- Communicate relevant grant information with agency departments and all appropriate internal users.
- Perform other duties, as necessary.
Finance Liaison Facilitation
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with Orange County Government funder and establish protocols for communication between funder and appropriate staff.
- Maintain contact with vendors, consultants, and service providers to sustain effective accounting operations, manage costs, share information and resolve problems.
- Attend finance meetings, grant contract orientations, and adhere to financial deadlines.
- Provide leadership, representation, and correspondence for BGCCF After School Zone financial matters with Orange County Government funder, Orange County Public Schools partner, and other related agency partnerships.
Internal: Develop and maintain positive relationships with operations staff.
External: Develop and maintain positive relationships with grant funder, vendors, and other agency partners.
- Associate's degree or 2 years college courseworkrequired in accounting and finance. Four year degree preferred in accounting, finance, business or other related field.
- Two years of general accounting experience required, using computerized accounting systems.
- A minimum of two years preferred work experience in a not-for-profit organization with an emphasis on grant administration, or other comparable work experience.
- Knowledge of grants and grant administration systems, processes and budgeting.
- Ability to analyze and systematically compile technical information and to prepare reports, comprehend and make inferences from written material; interpret federal, state and local government laws and regulations regarding grant contracts and administration.
- Must conform to all regulations, policies, work procedures and instruction. May be required to maintain confidential information.
- Work effectively with a variety of operations staff, vendors, and outside government funder representatives.
- Strong analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Aptitude to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work quickly with accuracy.
- Computer skills including Windows, Word, Excel, and databases. Data entry experience helpful.
- Payroll experience helpful (ADP, Ceridian, etc.).
- Strong customer relations skills. Ability to work well with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record and consistent access to a motor vehicle with appropriate insurance required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employee may occasionally need to operate a motor vehicle. Work environment: Normal office environment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.