21st Century Program Assistant
- - Levy Hughes Branch
- Orlando, FL, USA
- Part Time
- Hours - School Year - up to 20 hours/week during the school year between 3:00pm and 6:30 pm
Engage and inspire young people aged 6-18 to learn and grow to be responsible adults.
Provide program services to actively participating 21st CCLC students, assisting 21st CCLC teachers in providing educational service programs. Assist Service Director and Program Director with delivery of 21st CCLC Personal Enrichment activities to actively participating 21st CCLC students. Assist with parent and family education events and educational field trips specifically for 21st CCLC students and their families (includes evenings and weekends).
Create and implement fun and exciting activities planned to include both genders and all age groups.
Must monitor and evaluate situations quickly using good judgment to assess situations and make decisions. Create and maintain a safe environment for children and adults within the program space.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Create and implement fun and exciting activities that inspire participation.
- include both genders and all age groups
- creation of daily program and lesson plans for CCLC activities, preparation of necessary materials
- communicate positively and create relationships with members and parents
- provide positive guidance and role modeling to members
- creative and flexible adaptation of programs and activities as necessary
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the branch at all times.
- maintain safety by ensuring equipment and environment are appropriately maintained
- supervise activity areas to limit injuries
- apply appropriate guidance and discipline techniques
- Ensure a productive work environment by working within team environment.
- participate in 21st CCLC staff and/or teacher meetings as required
- participate in Club staff meetings
- attend training and staff development sessions
- Complete appropriate reporting according to organization and grant requirements
1. May participate in special programs and/or events.
2. May be required to drive Club bus. CDL license required.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• At least one year minimum experience volunteering or working with children.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with staff, parents, volunteers and children.
- Good general computer skills including, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
• Ability to plan and implement fun and exciting quality programs for youth.
• Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
• Recommended CPR and First Aid Certifications.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and policy manuals. The ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. Ability to visually monitor activities of club members. The employee is required to be able to perform CPR or first aid. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, jump, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is required to operate a motor vehicle. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Working environment: Normal club environment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.