Sr. Director of Development & Marketing- Nassau County
- - Nassau County Admin
- Fernandina Beach, FL, USA
- Salary starts at low $70,000s commensurate with experience.
- Full Time
Job Summary: The Sr. Director of Development & Marketing will be responsible for leading the fundraising efforts for Boys & Girls Clubs in Nassau County with a focus on developing individual, corporate, and foundation donors as well as working with board members on fundraising opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Develop strategic plans to generate revenue through a variety of fundraising techniques. Execute fundraising strategy through existing events and donor solicitation calls, including the Annual Gala, Guardian events and other approved fundraising activities.
- Identify and cultivate a portfolio of potential donor prospects. Conduct donor discovery visits with highly rated major gift prospects. Provide opportunity for donors to receive recognition through existing national programs as well as local initiatives to encourage increased future giving. Steward existing donors through frequent communication and relationship building. Successfully meet an annual fundraising goal set on a yearly basis.
- Meet with individual donors, corporations, foundations, and community leaders to share the Boys & Girls Clubs message and articulate the need for funding support. Actively represent the organization in Nassau County and Northeast Florida through speaking engagements, attendance at community events and membership in appropriate organizations.
- Increase visibility of Club programs, services and activities through coordination of all marketing and public relations opportunities with the Development and Marketing teams of the Foundation to ensure consistent messaging.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Board Members, the Development Department and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel. Maintains close relationships with administrative personnel.
External: Maintains contact with individual, corporate, and foundation donors as well as external community groups and leaders.
. Four-year degree required. Degree in Non-profit Management or Business preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of experience preferred in a Boys & Girls Clubs or similar organization.
Excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to facilitate large and small group presentations.
Excellent organizational and analytical skills and the ability to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines.
Documented history of successful fundraising. Experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors.
Proven experience in community brand awareness building via marketing and social media efforts.
Knowledge of current trends in charitable giving, particularly in the areas of major gifts, capital campaigns, and planned giving.
Ability to conceptualize the agency philosophy and to communicate the concept to others with passion and with desired results. Ability to motivate and inspire others to believe in the organization mission.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office suites and knowledge of donor management databases. Raiser's Edge or eTapestry experience preferred.
Ability to travel in assigned geographic area and attend functions with flexible hours.
Valid driver's license with good driving record and consistent access to a motor vehicle with appropriate insurance required.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts