I.T. Support Technician
- - Information Technology
- Orlando, FL, USA
- Part Time
Job Summary: Responsible for providing I.T. support and perform independent research in order to isolate and repair issues affecting user.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Provide helpdesk support for network issues.
- Respond to software problem calls on site or over the phone for users. Reinstalls program or replaces files that are causing errors. Calls software vendor or accesses on line technical support to obtain software update. Also responds to network log on house calls. Investigates appropriate areas of potential problem and determines resolution.
- Evaluate connectivity issues, equipment, and software.
- Respond to staff requests for service and determine nature of support needed.
- Assist with system upgrades and ensuring that they are up to date
- Set up equipment for new users.
- Install, test, and monitor servers, firewalls, and new software.
- Perform data backups.
Internal - Maintains close, daily contact with various departments and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel. Maintains close relationships with staff.
External - Maintains contact with donors, Board Members, vendors, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of Two years of IT experience required. Less than two years of experience with certifications.
- Must understand installation, configuration and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, networking and accessory equipment.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work efficiently to work on multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact efficiently with staff.
- Provide excellent customer service to everyone they come in contact with.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suites.
- Up-to-date knowledge of new systems, information, software, and upgrades.
- Knowledge of Windows 7 Desktop, Windows 10 Desktop, Mac OSX, Office 365, Windows Server, Wireless, iOS/Android, Networking. Knowledge of cabling is a plus.
- Possess the ability to independently perform all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
Physical requirements: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and policy manuals. The employee must have the ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, jump, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is required to operate a motor vehicle. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Working environment: Administrative environment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.