Assistant Director of Facility & Fleet
- Operations - Syd & Marianne Levy Service Center
- Orlando, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, etc.
Job Summary: Responsibleforoversight and managerial support for maintenance for all BGCCF club sites and properties; manage and supervise maintenance and custodial staff, and contract maintenance and custodial contractors while maintaining a high quality condition of all properties; ensure maintenance and the physical condition of properties are in a safe, attractive, and comfortable condition including, but not limited to, establishing preventive maintenance programs, performing property and equipment inspections, maintaining the project inventory, assigning maintenance tasks and preparing work schedules, and ensuring compliance with all maintenance related policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with inspections, accident investigations and conducts safety meetings;
- Maintains a maintenance report for each club, which depicts an update on the actual condition of the club, progress of specific projects, and makes clear and concise recommendations;
- Project planning, scheduling and coordination; prioritize, develop, and maintain project schedules;
- Responsible as assigned for compiling and maintaining necessary records, logs and other reports pertaining to safety required by the club, Federal, State and Local regulations;
- Observes all safety standards and participates in BGCCF's efforts to provide a safe work environment;
- Establish, implement, train, and monitor maintenance guidelines for the maintenance teams, including, but not limited to, safety on the job, preventative maintenance, make ready, scheduling techniques, and HVAC;
- Maintain vehicle, equipment, and tools management; monitoring all systems of the clubs and performing any and all basic repairs as needed; replace and maintain indoor/outdoor lighting and minor electrical maintenance (replace ballast, install new fixtures);
- General plumbing repair of items such as minor leaks, irrigation systems, sinks and toilets; carpentry repair of doors, painting, windows and other facility equipment; power wash club exterior, as needed; welding, as needed;
- Ensures prompt and efficient service by the maintenance team and vendors to all clubs;
- Provide constructive verbal feedback to Director of Facilities about property and maintenance of all club properties:
- Resolution of problems involving labor disputes, material delivery and janitorial contract review/administration assistance to Director of Facilities;
- Responds to phone calls and correspondence in a timely, professional manner.
- Responsible for operation of the physical property(internal and external) as well as renovations and various aspects of new construction as needed;
- Responsible for the maintenance of the fleet of vehicles, including club buses, maintenance vans, pick-up trucks, and all vehicles owned by BGCCF;
- Assist and support project management and supervision of volunteer special projects as needed;
- Supervise all building repairs done by outside vendors, reporting to the Director of Facilities & Fleet Services satisfactory/unsatisfactory completion as needed.
Internal: Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels in BGCCF with skill and diplomacy; work closely with Operations team (club personnel) to ensure compliance and safety within each club. Ability to prioritize and manage time with strong follow up; ability to establish relationships and lead people.
External: Maintain contact with corporate and foundation partners and other grant funders to ensure appropriate stewardship of grant funds. Must be able to effectively communicate with all vendors, suppliers, and contractors as needed.
- Associate's degree and/or BA is preferred or the equivalent experience with a certification in safety; HVAC certification; combination of education, training and experience equivalent to 10 years in a related technical trade is preferred; five (5) years of management experience;
- Minimum of five (5) years in experience in masonry, carpentry, electrical (high and low voltage), plumbing and minor motor vehicle repairs and troubleshooting of all trades and vehicles;
- Must have knowledge of OSHA standards, structural, roofing, FACP, fire sprinklers systems, All Life Safety system (security systems and connections) and HVAC; knowledge of safety, fire and health codes, ADA and applicable state and local building codes;
- Must have a valid driver's license with good driving record and consistent access to a motor vehicle with appropriate insurance required. CDL is preferred.
- Fork Lift Operation Training and/or Current Certification.
- Microsoft Office intermediate skills required; ability to work with order systems.
- Critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Demonstrates a routine and effective ability to adjust to changing circumstances.
- Strong leadership skills, customer service skills, technical skills, and problem solving abilities are required.
- This position requires occasional exposure to the outdoor climate and weather conditions. The normal working environment requires routine and frequent meeting of critical deadlines.
- Must have excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to read and interpret technical and procedural manuals and regulations.
- Must possess an extensive working knowledge of all aspects of property maintenance
- Construction knowledge and the ability to read and interpret construction plans and documents is a plus.
- Willingness to acquire new skills and utilize technology to streamline processes and problem solve is essential.
- Considerable skill in arriving at cost estimates on complex projects; skill in operating the listed tools and equipment.
- Willing and able to work occasional on-call shifts. Extensive travel required
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written, diagram or schedule form. While performing duties of this job, it is required to use hands to handle and feel and to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and or move up to 50+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Employee will frequently operate a motor vehicle. Work environment: The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and or humid conditions, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.