Program Assistant - Membership Clerk
- - Cocoa Club
- Cocoa, FL, USA
- Part Time
Provide regular clerical and administrative support to the Service Director or other Club staff, as necessary. Prepares correspondence and reports, maintains club member database and statistical information, maintains schedule and calendar, answers telephones and maintains electronic and hard copy files.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Performs regular secretarial duties, preparing correspondence and reports as requested by supervisor and composes draft letters following established formats. Proofreads all materials for accuracy prior to supervisory review and signature.
- Maintains membership applications and enters information into a database or spreadsheet and prepares statistical reports.
- Collects membership dues and prepares transmittals for Finance Department.
- Maintains master schedule of Club activities and events, collecting and disseminating information to Club staff, volunteers, members and families as instructed.
- Answers the telephone and refers caller to other staff or takes messages as necessary.
- Maintains electronic and hard copy filing systems, making sure they are accurate and timely and facilitate easy retrieval of information.
- Monitor office supply inventory and order supplies as necessary.
- May be responsible for managing inventory of office equipment and service contracts, performing routine maintenance activities and contacting service representatives as needed.
- May serve as Club receptionist, greeting all members and visitors. Maintains club member and visitor logs.
- Perform other related secretarial or administrative duties as requested.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer) and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with members, families and the general public to give and obtain information, either in response to inquiries or as instructed by supervisor.
- 2 year degree or higher preferred.
- One year minimum secretarial experience.
- Knowledge in use of common office equipment.
- Typing/keyboarding skills at a minimum of 45 wpm.
- Knowledge of the following software: word processing, database, spreadsheets, and publications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organization and attention to detail.
- Strong customer relations skills.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements: High level writing ability to create proposals, reports and correspondence. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. The ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and/or technical information with others. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employee may occasionally be required to operate a motor vehicle. Work environment: Normal office environment.