Program Assistant - Tech Lab
- - Roberts Club
- Fernandina Beach, FL, USA
- $11.00 - 13.00
- Part Time
- Hours - School Year - 20 hours/week during the school year between 2:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- Hours - Summer and School Breaks -30 hours/week between 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Engage and inspire young people aged 6-18 to learn and grow to be responsible adults.
Plan, implement, supervise and evaluate activities provided within the Technology program area, utilizing programs such as Net Smartz, ClubTech and Digital Arts.
Educate Club members on essential computer operations, such as word processing, keyboarding, social media, internet use and safety. Recommend ways to expand technology in all Core Program Areas and explore new products or software to enhance member experiences.
Must monitor and evaluate situations quickly using good judgment to assess situations and make decisions. Create and maintain a clean, safe environment for children and adults within the program space.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
1. Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes:
Promote and stimulate program participation;
Register new members and participate in their club orientation process;
Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
Program Development and Implementation
2. Teach children essential components of computers, keyboarding and various software programs.
3. Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the branch at all times. Prepare periodic activity reports.
4. Reviews member progress, identifies students' strengths/challenges, develop creative lesson plans.
5. Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly branch staff meetings.
6. Enforce social media and internet safety policy.
7. Ensure maintenance of Club technology equipment, working with IT Director to maintain inventory and communication regarding technology needs.
1. May participate in special programs and/or events.
2. Enforces all safety precautions (securing outlets, proper use of equipment).
3. May be cross-trained to in Education, Gamesroom, Music, Arts & Crafts, Character & Leadership Development, and Physical Education.
4. May be asked to facilitate BGCA National programs, such as SMART curriculum and other curriculums.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
• High School Diploma or GED. Associate's or advanced degree preferred.
• One year hands-on experience working with computers, various software and internet safety required.
• One year minimum experience volunteering or working with children preferred.
• Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
• Recommended CPR and First Aid Certifications.
• Valid driver license and good driving record.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and policy manuals. The ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. Ability to visually monitor activities of club members. The employee is required to be able to perform CPR or first aid. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, jump, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is required to operate a motor vehicle. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds. Working environment: Normal club environment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.