Teen Program Director
- - Roberts Club
- Fernandina Beach, FL, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for overseeing the delivery of a comprehensive teen program for youth between the ages of 12 and 18. Plan, develop, oversee implementation and supervise teen programs and teen program staff.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
1. Plan and oversee the administration of designated Clubhouse teen programs and activities that support Youth Development
• Establish Clubhouse teen program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission.
• Oversee the provision of day-to-day teen program activities in accordance with established standards and goals.
• Ensure that teen members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
• Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
Program Development and Implementation
2. Establish and maintain Clubhouse teen program goals and settings that insure the health and safety of members. Ensure that site staff understand and effectively communicate standards of program; that they ensure program areas are safe, well ventilated and well lit; and that club equipment is maintained in good working condition.
3. Ensure the evaluation of Club teen programs on a continual basis and ensures programs/activities respond to teen member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
4. Control Clubhouse teen program and activity expenditures within approved budget.
5. Allocate and monitor work assigned to teen program volunteers and staff, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff.
6. Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted, breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues.
7. Ensure productive and effective performance by all program staff and volunteers.
Marketing and Public Relations
8. Increase visibility of Club teen programs via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information for the development of advertising and promotion through mailings, fliers and media releases.
1. May oversee special teen programs and/or events and/or participate in the implementation of other unit activities as necessary.
2. May be required to drive Club van periodically.
3. May consult with parents concerning teen member and branch issues.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), teen Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact as needed with external community groups, schools, member's parents and other to assist in resolving problems.
Four year degree in related field from an accredited college or university in related field, or a minimum of five years work experience in a Boys or Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
• Demonstrated ability report program statistical data.
• Prior youth development and program delivery experience.
• Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications.
• Valid drivers license and excellent driving record.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and policy manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. The ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. Ability to visually monitor activities of club members. The employee is required to be able to perform CPR or first aid. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, jump, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee is required to operate a motor vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds. Working environment: Normal club environment.