Program Assistant - Sports
- - Roberts Club
- Fernandina Beach, FL, USA
- $11.00 - 13.00
- Part Time
- School Year - up to 30 hours/week during between 2:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- Summer and School Breaks - up 40 hours/week between 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Engage and inspire young people aged 6-18 to learn and grow to be responsible adults.
Plan, implement, supervise and evaluate activities provided within the Physical Education program area. Promote sportsmanship, honesty and fair play. Be responsible for conducting Presidential Fitness Challenge and programs such as Triple Play. Educate members on non-traditional fitness sports (dance, yoga, fencing, etc). Encourage healthy life styles including good nutrition.
Must monitor and evaluate situations quickly using good judgment to assess situations and make decisions. Create and maintain a clean, safe environment for children and adults within the program space.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):Prepare Youth for Success
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes:
- Promote and stimulate program participation;
- Provides guidance and role modeling to members.
Program Development and Implementation
- Develop, implement and administer lesson plans for children on topics such as maintaining a healthy lifestyle and exposing members to new forms of athletic activities.
- Develop relationships with neighboring coaches/professional athletic guests to enhance the variety of activities provided.
- Must be able to gauge different levels of physical abilities and create activities that encompass all members and both genders.
- Encourage healthy eating habits and nutrition.
- Monitor and evaluate programs, equipment, and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the branch at all times. Prepare periodic activity reports.
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly branch staff meetings.
- Ensure appropriate attire and safety equipment is used.
- May participate in special programs and/or events.
- May be cross-trained in Gamesroom, Technology, Music, Arts & Crafts, Character and Leadership Development, and Education.
- May be asked to facilitate BGCA National programs, such as SMART curriculum and other curriculums.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
- High School Diploma or GED. Associate's or advanced degree preferred.
- Knowledge of fitness activities; nutrition and experience teaching sportsmanship.
- Previous experience facilitating groups of various ages and skills in recreational environment.
- One year minimum experience volunteering or working with children preferred.
- Recommended CPR and First Aid Certifications.
- Valid driver license and good driving record.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and policy manuals. The ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. Ability to visually monitor activities of club members. The employee is required to be able to perform CPR or first aid. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, jump, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is required to operate a motor vehicle. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds. Working environment: Normal club environment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.