21st Century Teacher
- - Levy Hughes Branch
- 32805, FL, USA
- Part Time
The Teacher for the 21st Century Program will be responsible for applying a reading, math and science curriculum with children referred to the program at Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida. The Teacher is responsible for reporting daily data collection as outlined in the grant and directed by the Project Director or Lead Teacher. The Teacher may work with children in small group instruction or using an educational software program in the computer lab.
Must be available 3:30PM -7:30PM Monday through Friday.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Administer and/or develop computerized reading, math and science assessments to assigned students at specified intervals throughout tutoring program.
- Create and maintain lesson plans for activities, both classroom and enrichment.
- Provide daily tutoring and skill building to assigned students.
- Review progress of students participating in the program as measured by computerized reading and math assessments or other grant-required standardized measures of academic performance.
- Follow assigned curriculum programs for teaching/mentoring students referred by partner schools in order to improve academic performance.
- Maintain a data collection system to record number and length of mentoring sessions and academic progress for each student.
- Lead Boys & Girls Clubs enrichment activities. Curriculum program will be provided.
- Report to the Lead Teacher/Project Director the following:
- At program start, verify identification of participating students and mentors.
- At program start, administer reading, math and science assessments to all assigned students.
- End of each -grading period, as designated by Lead Teacher/Project Director, review progress in reading and math, as measured by computer assessment tool and attendance in program. Also review progress in science as measured by teacher assessments and pre/post tests.
- End of tutoring program, obtain complete performance data for entire tutoring period.
- Attend monthly meetings with Lead Teacher/Project Director to discuss curriculum and student progress.
- Meet and coordinate with appropriate school personnel participant's educational needs, progress and appropriate learning approach.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with 21st Century and Club staff to interpret and explain program objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information. Maintains close contact daily with participating club members and students referred by partner schools.
External: Maintains contact with participating schools. Meets with school Principal or designee, teachers, counselors, as necessary to identify individual student's educational needs, progress and the most effective learning approach.
- Four year degree required with a valid Florida Teachers Certificate.
- 3 Years experience teaching.
- 1 year Experience in a Title I school.
- Experience in project/problem based learning methods.
- Experience in differentiated instruction with students at different levels.
- Knowledge of educational software applications, such as "Let's Go Learn'Unique Reader/ Unique Math".
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to conduct a small group learning experience including discipline and classroom control.
- Ability to conduct a computer-assisted large group learning experience.
- Adaptability outside the classroom, teaching in varying environments.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record, and consistent access to a vehicle with appropriate insurance required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and policy manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. The ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee will occasionally need to operate a motor vehicle. Work environment: Active Club environment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.