- - South Lake Club
- Clermont, FL, USA
- Part Time
Hours of Work: 15 hours per week / Monday - Friday; 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Job Summary: In this position you will be responsible for transporting club members to and from the club in a safe manner and maintaining company vehicles, operating bus on a prescribed route by picking up or leaving off members at designated locations, following established signaling and safety procedures.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Other duties include: instructing members in the safe and proper methods of boarding and departing from the bus, monitoring the operating condition of the bus on a continual basis and reporting needed servicing and/or repairs, keeping the bus free of litter and trash, compliance with State laws, rules and regulations and Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida policies relative to transportation. Perform other duties that may be assigned to meet the needs of Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida.
- Communicate with the Service Director for planned trips and daily duties.
- Drive company bus to transport club members. Ensure safe travel for members and staff.
- Maintain the condition of the bus. Keep bus free of litter and trash.
- Maintain daily vehicle log and stay on established routes and schedules.
- Transport members on planned field trips and attend all necessary meetings and trainings.
- Supervise children.
- Enforce Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida rules.
- Be a good example and a good listener to the members.
- Ensure children obey safety rules.
- Ensure all children are accounted for.
- Assist in daily care and maintenance of building and grounds
- Prepare special reports as needed and attend training programs, testing programs, first aid courses, refresher courses and other meetings as scheduled.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/LICENCES AND CERTIFICATES:
- Valid Florida Class B CDL with Passenger Endorsement; Air Brake Endorsement is required on buses with Air Brakes.
- Current valid DOT physical registered with the State of Florida.
- Experience in driving a bus is preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- No convictions for moving violations as verified through the Florida Division of Motor Vehicles in the three (3) continuous years preceding the date of application for position.
- Availability to work a fixed or flexible schedule as specified by the supervisor.
- Ability to read maps and make relevant independent determinations with respect to routes.
Internal: Maintains close daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel. Maintain close relationships with administrative personnel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members, parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and policy manuals. The ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. Ability to visually monitor activities of club members. The employee is required to be able to perform CPR or first aid. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, jump, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is required to operate a motor vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Working environment: Normal club environment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.