- - Grants
- ORLANDO, FL, USA
- Full Time
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida is seeking an experienced full-time grant writer to join the team. This role is responsible for generating fundraising income through foundation, corporate and government grants to support program and general operating funding. The Grant Writer will manage a medium-sized portfolio of foundation, corporate and civic grant proposals as well as research and find new funders. This role will also provide writing support for other grant requests as determined by Senior Grants Manager, as well as some program reporting and compliance as determined by Senior Grants Manager and Grants Compliance Manager.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
1. Resource Development - contribute to attaining financial support:
• Maintain an established grants portfolio of no less than 45 grants annually, subject to growth and expansion.
• Research and seek out new revenue sources using grant databases and/or develop donor relationships.
• Collaborate with Operations and Finance Departments to develop programs, budgets and outcomes for use in creating grant proposals.
2. Resource Management
• Manage administrative, reporting and operational systems to track grant income and compile grant application status reports and some compliance reports.
• Ensure a productive working environment, providing staff support to Club management on grant and fundraising issues as needed.
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or as assigned.
Internal: Work in collaboration with Senior Grants Manager, Chief Operations Officer, Director of Club Operations and Grants Compliance Manager as needed to develop best approach and strategy for developing proposals. Maintain consistent contact with Club management to exchange information, seek and give assistance, consultation and direction. Maintains contact with financial staff and support staff to inform applications. External: Maintain contact with community and any corporate leaders, schools, parents and local residents to seek financial support and provide information regarding club activities and needs.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
• Preferred three to five years of work experience in a Boys or Girls Club or similar not-for-profit organization with an emphasis on grants/proposal writing, fundraising, marketing, budgeting, and community and public relations.
• Ability to clearly and concisely exchange and receive ideas, facts and/or technical information with others.
• Evaluate and analyze data and social research, including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
• Excellent research skills to seek out new funding sources and build "need statements" for proposals.
• High level of complex/technical writing ability required, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills to correspond with staff to gather needed information.
• Excellent time management and critical thinking skills.
• Knowledge of accounting principles as they relate to fundraising issues.
• Valid driver's license with good driving record and consistent access to a motor vehicle with appropriate insurance required.
Established grant writer with proven ability of writing and winning government, foundation, corporate and individual donor proposals.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employee may occasionally be required to operate a motor vehicle. Work environment: Normal office environment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts