Youth Program Director
- - Walt Disney World Clubhouse
- Orlando, FL, USA
- $28,000 - $34,000
- Full Time
- Medical (paid at 90%), dental, vision, FSA, disability, life insurance and retirement with up to 11% match
Job Summary: Oversee the core programs of the Club for ages 6-18 by ensuring that staff are planning, developing and implementing programs and activities that support the organizations standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
Ensure the creation and implementation of fun and exciting activities that inspire participation.
- include both genders and all age groups
- creation of daily program and lesson plans, preparation of necessary materials
- communicate positively and create relationships with members and parents
- provide positive guidance and role modeling to members
- creative and flexible adaptation of programs and activities as necessary
Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the branch at all times.
- create processes and procedures to ensure adherence to standards
- maintain safety by ensuring equipment an environment are appropriately maintained
- supervise activity areas to limit injuries
- apply appropriate guidance and discipline techniques
Complete appropriate data tracking and reporting according to organization and grant requirements
- ensure daily requirements are met by program staff and paperwork is completed
- ensure daily membership tracking is being completed through the appropriate software and regular audits of data are completed
- interface with Grant Compliance Manager and Service Director to ensure that grant reports are complete and timely
Manage program staff and volunteers
- assist Service Director with hiring and daily management of program staff
- train and orient staff and volunteers to Club rules, procedures and processes
- evaluate staff and volunteer performance to ensure compliance with standards
- create staff schedules and monitor time keeping records
Ensure a productive work environment by creating a team culture.
- participate in Club staff meetings
- attend training and staff development sessions
1. May participate in special programs and/or events.
2. May be required to drive Club bus.
Internal: Must monitor and evaluate situations quickly using good judgment to assess situations and make decisions. Create and maintain a clean, safe environment for children and adults within the program space. Communicate with parents as necessary regarding behavior and Club events.
Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel. Maintain close relationships with administrative personnel and Grant Compliance Manager.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
Skills / Knowledge Required:
• Four year degree required.
• A minimum of two years experience working with children in a youth development setting with ages 6-18.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with staff, parents, volunteers and children.
- Good general computer skills including, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
• Ability to plan and implement fun and exciting quality programs for youth.
• Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
• Recommended CPR and First Aid Certifications.
• Valid driver license and good driving record. CDL may be required to operate Club bus.
Physical requirements: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and policy manuals. The ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. Ability to visually monitor activities of club members. The employee is required to be able to perform CPR or first aid. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, jump, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is required to operate a motor vehicle. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Working environment: Normal club environment.