Director of Finance
- - Finance
- Orlando, FL, USA
- Full Time
PURPOSE: Plan, organize and supervise accounting related functions for the Organization, including general accounting, policy development, cash management, budget, audit preparation, forecasting revenues and expenditures, purchasing and accounting-related contract compliance.
- Supervise personnel in providing accounting services, including training, scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, evaluating performance, performance coaching, and recommending or carrying out various personnel actions.
- Research, evaluate, develop and recommend general financial policies, procedures, manuals and modifications to existing methods to improve effectiveness, efficiency and continuous improvements.
- Prepare or oversee the preparation and review of financial statements, forecasts, reconciliations, and reports related to the Organization's financial affairs; provide information, specific analysis, and appropriate training to others on financial and budgeting issues, etc.
- Respond to concerns and inquiries related to accounting matters.
- Review account activities on funds to ensure accuracy and conformity with applicable controls and guidelines. Notify appropriate persons and/or take corrective actions as necessary. Review and strengthen financial and accounting internal controls to ensure protection of the Organization's financial resources. Formulate and enforce policies and procedures regarding cash disbursements.
- Evaluates and advises leadership on long range planning and impacts.
- Ensures compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and other financial audits.
- Prepare/review adjusting entries and schedules for annual audit; schedule audit and work with auditors in answering questions, providing necessary information and explaining accounting/financial system; review audit results and implement necessary/recommended Internal controls and/or other revisions.
- Coordinate preparation of budgets and other related documents. Analyze budget revenues/expenditures as needed. Prepare department budget requests and monitor expenditures for compliance with approved budget. Supervise the compilation and preparation of all budgets.
- Review dally cash balances. Review grant reports and cash requirements for all grant
- Ensure proper maintenance of accurate equipment Inventory records. Maintain fixed asset Inventory, facilities inventory and work with Director of Facilities & Vehicle Management on disposals of property.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
BGCCF values professionalism in its employees. The following attributes and behaviors are identified as examples of what is expected of an employee:
• Display empathy and positive regard for others in written, verbal and non- verbal communications.
• Work effectively with colleagues and students by practicing punctuality, respect for deadlines, collaborative problem solving, and honest communication.
• Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility, even in the face of stress or demanding workplace conditions.
• Maintain proficiency as needed and approved by attending trainings, reading job-related materials, and meeting with others in area of responsibility.
• Dress appropriately for a workplace with frequent customer service interaction and community outreach.
• Meet all required standards of confidentiality and safety. Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
Internal: Maintain contact with Club Managers to provide technical assistance in matters of financial operations; interact regularly with Vice President of Finance to develop fiscal policies and budgets, and to present regular reports in an advisory capacity.
External: Maintain contact with external auditors, vendors, insurance carriers, and other groups.
- Bachelor'sdegree in Accounting and CPA are required, while a Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business is preferred.
- A minimum of four to six years of relevant work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices in the public sector, including grant and fund accounting; budget analysis; preparation of financial statements; internal auditing of transactions; accounting software; and, general supervisory
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements: Ability to read and interpret documents such as financial reports, safety rules, operating instructions, and policy manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. The ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and formulas. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, and analysis of variance. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls. The position requires mobility. Duties Involve moving materials weighing up to 10 pounds on a regular basis and up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 50% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, calculator and similar machines. Working Conditions: Usual office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is typical of most office environments. Travel and evening and weekend hours may be necessary from time to time to attend trainings, meetings or special events. Supervisory Responsibility: Supervises three full-time employees; general oversight of part-time and student employees. Responsible for performance evaluations of staff. Carries out other supervisory responsibilities in accordance with college policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities Include: Interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts