Thrift Store - Retail Cashier
- - Thrift Store
- WINTER PARK, FL, USA
- Part Time
Job Summary: Provide professional and amicable customer service to all store customers, vendors and internal staff. Demonstrate high level of discretion and accuracy when handling the cash register. Must have weekend availability.
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 10am-1:30pm and Saturday 11am-4pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Enters purchases into cash register to calculate total purchase price.
- Counts and issues change; issues receipt for purchased merchandise to the customer.
- Accepts cash or bankcards for payment; completes bankcard transactions according to established procedure.
- Maintains sufficient amounts of change in cash drawer.
- Balances cash drawer and receipts; documents discrepancies
- Calculates discounts or references; requests customer identification for certain discounts and receipts as required.
- Assists customers in locating specific items.
- Keeps register area neat and stocked with necessary supplies.
- Assists in other areas of store, such as clean-up, shelf-stocking,hang/barb clothing or keeping merchandise displayed in an orderly manner.
- Check and maintain all dressing rooms clear of merchandise and return merchandise to appropriate area.
- Provide volunteer staff with tasks and guidance, as needed.
- Process and provide donation receipt to donors accurately as needed.
- Inspect incoming donations as needed.
- As needed, organize and maintain processing area to ensure safety in the workplace at all times.
- Abide by all company safety and hygiene regulations;
- Ensure restrooms and retail floors are cleaned at all times;
- Ensure all dressing rooms are clean and there is no merchandise left inside after customer;
- Contribute ideas on ways to improve or optimize retail store procedures.
- Greet customers entering establishments.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education: Minimum of a high school diploma or GED, preferred.
Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in a cashier or retail store function.
- Must have Knowledge of basic arithmetic.
- Must be skilled in handling and counting cash.
- Demonstrated ability to work effortlessly and professionally in a demanding customer service role.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve and address customer service issues in an expedient and efficient manner.
- Excellent oral communication skills, interpersonal and social skills and the ability to work and collaborate with internal staff and external parties.
Computer Literacy: Basic computer knowledge.
Financial Responsibility: Responsible for cash register at all times. Must ensure that cash is accounted for at the beginning and end of working shift. Must ensure that all transactions are reported and accounted for per store procedures.
Contacts: Ability to get along with diverse persons and personalities; strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively under demanding circumstances; high level of professionalism.
Internal: Maintains close contact with thrift store personnel and is required to project professional behavior at all times.
External: Provides professional and amicable customer service to individual donors, prospective customers and vendors providing third party services for the store.
Judgment and Decision Making: Strong organizational and problem-solving skills including the ability to maintain working area clear and clean of clutter. Organize multiple priorities and a high volume of work. Attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Physical Requirements: Ability to maneuver furniture, large items and/or any other items in store of any weight above 50 lbs. with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person. Position can be physically demanding, requiring long hours, standing, walking, stooping and physical agility and dexterity. Working environment: Retail store environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts