- - Apopka Branch
- Apopka, FL, USA
- Part Time
- Hours - School Year - 20 hours/week during the school year between 2pm and 9pm
- Hours - Summer and School Breaks -30 hours/week between 7am and 6pm
Engage and inspire young people aged 6-18 to learn and grow to be responsible adults.
Encourage and teach Club members basic knowledge and rules of games, such as billiards, foosball, table tennis, board games, etc. Develop good character in members through games and activities teaching good sportsmanship, communication, honesty, fair play, conflict resolution, and team work.
Must monitor and evaluate situations quickly using good judgment to assess situations and make decisions. Create and maintain a clean, safe environment for children and adults within the program space.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
1. Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes:
Promote and stimulate program participation;
Register new members and participate in their club orientation process;
Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
Program Development and Implementation
2. Develop, implement and administer tournaments and games for the games room area teaching skills and teambuilding.
3. Ensure members understand the accepted rules for each game or activity and ensure compliance.
4. Must be able to gauge different levels of physical abilities and create activities that encompass all members and both genders.
5. Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the branch at all times. Prepare periodic activity reports.
6. Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly branch staff meetings.
7. Enforce all safety precautions and ensure that equipment is maintained in an appropriate manner.
1. May participate in special programs and/or events.
2. May be cross-trained in Physical Education, Technology, Music, Arts & Crafts, Character and Leadership Development, and Education.
3. May be asked to facilitate BGCA National programs, such as SMART curriculum and other curriculums.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
• High School diploma or GED. Associate's or advanced degree preferred.
• One year minimum experience volunteering or working with children.
• Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
• Basic knowledge of foosball, ping pong, bumper pool, billiards, and board games
• Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
• Recommended CPR and First Aid Certifications.
• Valid driver license and good driving record.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and policy manuals. The ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. Ability to visually monitor activities of club members. The employee is required to be able to perform CPR or first aid. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, jump, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is required to operate a motor vehicle. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds. Working environment: Normal club environment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts